The Green City Hackathon consisted of six teams who addressed bike use in the city of Barcelona using data published in the Open Data BCN Portal.
The winning presentation was by Angela Ulrich, Camila González, Ramón Ferri García, and Ian Thomas (Team 6) on "Barcelona. Bike Use and Accident Overview." Congratulations to the winning team and all participants!
All hackathon presentations can be found here at http://opendata-ajuntament.barcelona.cat/en/noticia-green-city-hackathon or in our github repository https://github.com/bigsurv18/bigsurv18 (including replication materials if available).
Student Paper Competition
BigSurv18 congratulates the winners of the Student Paper Competition:
- Jonas Klingwort, PhD candidate, University of Duisburg-Essen, Germany: “Capture-recapture Techniques for Transport Survey Estimate Adjustment Using Road Sensor Data,” together with Dr. Bart Buelens and Professor Rainer Schnell
- Maarten Vanhoof, PhD candidate, Newcastle University, United Kingdom: “Performance and sensitivities of home detection on mobile phone data,” together with Dr. Clement Lee and Dr. Zbigniew Smoreda
BigSurv18 wishes to thank Dr. Lilli Japec, Senior Scientific Advisor, Statistics Sweden, and Dr. Lars Lyberg, Inizio, Sweden, and the Board of Reviewers for their work in reviewing the abstracts and selecting the winners.
BigSurv18 congratulates the following early career scholars who received travel awards to attend the conference:
- Ruben Bach, University of Mannheim, Germany
- Todd Bear, University of Pittsburgh, USA
- Amos Chinomona, Rhodes University, South Africa
- Miss Agnete Dissing, Copenhagen University, Denmark
- Henrik Dobewall, University of Tampere, Finland
- Miss Anne Elevelt, Utrecht University, Netherlands
- Ramón Ferri-García, Universidad de Granada, Spain
- Micha Fischer, Institute for Social Research, USA
- Dr Sakinat Folorunso, Olabisi Onabanjo University, Nigeria
- Jan Karem Höhne, University of Mannheim, Germany
- Charles Kalinzi, Makerere University, Uganda
- Piotr Kałużny, Poznań University of Economics and Business, Poland
- Jonas Klingwort, University of DuisburgEssen, Germany
- Niklas M. Loynes, New York University, USA
- Colleen McClain, University of Michigan, USA
- Ryan McShane, Southern Methodist University, USA
- Elvis Muchene, Kenya Markets Trust, Kenya
- Aubrey O'Neal, University of Austin at Texas, USA
- Paulina Pankowska, Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam, The Netherlands
- Abdur Rahman, Shahjalal University of Science and Technology, Bangladesh
- Wasim Syed, National College of Business Administration and Economics, Pakistan
- Jerry Timbrook, University of NebraskaLincoln, USA
- Maarten Vanhoof, Newcastle University, United Kingdom
- Dr Alexander Wenz, University of Essex, United Kingdom
- Benjamin Williams, Southern Methodist University, USA
We would like to thank the National Science Foundation for their generous support of the travel awards (Award Number: 1758346).