BigSurv20 Big Data Challenge
Jan-Philipp Kolb, Laurent Smeets, Qixiang Fang, Shivam Sharam aka Team TRAVEL ESCAPE. The jury appreciated the amount of technical work accomplished by team Travel Escape in the short time frame of the Big Data Challenge. The extra research was done on the CMAP dataset shows that contestants' scientific view of their problem and provided a nice validation of their approach. For a short presentation go to minute 11 of the .
A special thanks to our Big Data Challenge Jury: Craig Hill (RTI), Jolien Oomens (CBS), Sofie De Broe (CBS, chair), Tom Smith (ONS).
Congratulations to the BigSurv20 Poster Competition winners:
- Best Methods: Deji Suolang (Predicting presidential election trends by web data)
- Best Application to Substantive Area: Chan-Hoong Leong (Using spatial big data to unpack neigbourhood effects on social wellbeing)
- Best Innovation: James Rineer (Combining multiple data sources with synthetic populations. Applications to predictions and alleviation of privacy concerns)
- People's choice award: Daniela Duca (The ecosystem of technologies for data collection, survey and analysis in the social sciences)
A special thanks goes to our Poster Competition Judges: Trent Buskirk, Amelia Burke-Garcia, and Christoph Kern.
Student Paper Awards
Congratulations to the two Student Paper Competition Winners:
- Dewi Peerlings (Multivariate density estimation by neural networks)
- Nadiya Kostyuk (Debates over cybersovereignty as a driver of global cybersecurity strategy diffusion)
A special thanks goes to all paper reviewers and our organizer, Bella Struminskaya.